Note: I originally started this blog to record my travels when I studied abroad in Costa Rica in 2004. I've posted various ramblings since then, but I'm going back to it's original purpose as a travel journal. Since I can barely remember what I did two days ago, let alone two years ago, I've learned that I need to document my trips or I'll forget them.

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Last week in Costa Rica

Well, I'd say my time here passed like a gimpy bird: it flew, but dragged at the same time.

All my slacking is catching up with me and I have to try to get some papers written using the ridiculous educational system in Costa Rica. The NATIONAL library does let you check out books, you have to read in their AC-less dungeon. Apparently the book theft here was sky high. Well, then you make copies right? Wrong. You copy things by hand. Tomorrow will be spent in the dungeon with note cards and a pen. Man, to have DSL again...sigh.

On the upside, the concert sleezy Ramiro sprung on us last night at 6PM was a success. I made some fliers and did some last minute promoting, and the whole thing went really well. This amazing steel pan player had a mini-concert in the middle of the school and he played souka, reggae, calypso and some hip hop. Outcast and Nellie sound better on the steelpan than on the radio!

I finally found a job I really want, problem is that I may be underqualified. But I've never let that stop me before, so perhaps, just perhaps I can finagle my way into the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund. Doesn't that sound like the perfect organization? So, everyone wish me luck, and if you happen to know anyone at MALDEF, let me know!

No comments: