Note: I originally started this blog to record my travels when I studied abroad in Costa Rica in 2004. I've posted various ramblings since then, but I'm going back to it's original purpose as a travel journal. Since I can barely remember what I did two days ago, let alone two years ago, I've learned that I need to document my trips or I'll forget them.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Day 4, Sunday 12/6

The day started with lunch at Taca, one of R&D's favorite restaurants for authentic Peruvian food.  Pictures to come.
Dave was going to go to a bullfight with his friends Anne and Spencer, but Spencer got sick with the flu.  While this was unfortunate for him (feel better Spencer!) this meant that there was an available ticket for me.  R&D and I had talked about the concept of bullfighting and at first I was really against it.  After some thought and discussion, I realized that these bulls were treated better than most cattle that we eat so I got over it.  When the chance to see this unique cultural spectacle arose, I jumped on it.

We took a taxi up to Plaza Del Toro Acho and it was a mad house.  We had "good" seats in the shade so our area was packed with upper class Peruvians all dressed up.  Acho is the second oldest bullfighting plaza still in use in the world and it was like a trip back in time to be there.  Our "concession" area had nice wine, tons of different food and cigars.  You buy a cushion to make the concrete seat more comfy.

Once we finally got home we had dinner at Papa John's, and R&D tradition and called it a night.

No comments: